Your smile is one of your most valuable possessions. Treasure it, and take care of it with a good oral care routine. At Padonia Dental Associates in Cockeysville, MD, your team of five dentists is here to help you preserve it for life.
Good care begins with you
Home is where the heart is, and it's where the best dental care begins and continues every day. You brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and soft brush, floss daily to remove plaque and avoid tartar, and eat a tooth-friendly diet. But, what else should you do?
Other at-home care includes:
- Drink as much water as possible. Good hydration promotes saliva production with its anti-bacterial action.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports or if you habitually grind or clench your teeth.
- Increase the fiber in your diet. In addition to being good for your digestive system, fiber scrubs your teeth clean and decreases your chances of developing gum disease and oral cancer.
- Use mouthwash, as your dentist advises, to freshen breath, limit plaque, and whiten tooth enamel.
Your dentist provides excellent in-office care
Here at our Cockeysville office, care plans are comprehensive, treating you throughout your life with the latest in preventive, restorative, and cosmetic services.
Be sure to see us every six months as the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends. Your hygienist will scale your teeth to eliminate harmful plaque and tartar, take X-rays to check for hidden decay and other problems, and measure your gum pockets as indicators of your periodontal health.
Next, your preventive care continues with a full examination to include:
- A check for decay and gum disease
- Visual inspection of dental bite
- Examination of all existing restorations such as veneers, crowns and fillings
- An oral cancer examination
Additionally, your routine exam and cleaning provides the opportunity to ask your dental team questions about your oral health, smile appearance, and the best methods of home care for your unique smile.
Keep your smile bright and healthy with consistent at-home and in-office oral care. Your dentist and support staff at Padonia Dental Associates in Cockeysville, MD, will be with you every step of the way. Call us for your routine dental check-up: (410) 560-1400.