Posts for tag: Dental Implants
There is nothing worse than losing a tooth. It affects everything from your ability to eat and speak to your oral health and self-esteem. Luckily, our Cockeysville, MD, dentists are able to offer patients dental implants, which are the closest you can come to a real tooth. This artificial tooth replacement is designed to feel and function just like the rest of your natural smile. Here’s what you should know about getting dental implants,
An implant is a permanent artificial tooth root that is placed within the jawbone to take the place of your missing tooth. Once the implant is placed into the jawbone the bone and tissue will fuse together with the implant, providing full functionality and allowing you to be able to eat what you want without worrying about false teeth moving around in your mouth.
Since implants function just like real teeth there are unique benefits that any implant wearer will enjoy. Some of those benefits include:
- Being able to eat whatever you want without worrying about your teeth
- Restored speaking (tooth loss can sometimes cause speech impediments such as a lisp)
- Extreme comfort, as this restoration will feel just like real teeth
- Restored confidence in your smile (the only person who will ever be able to tell that you have an implant is you)
- Improved oral health
- Preserved jawbone health and the prevention of bone deterioration (a complication of untreated tooth loss)
- Preventing teeth from shifting into open gaps in your smile
Who is eligible for dental implants?
Getting dental implants can be time consuming and it does require surgery; therefore, our Cockeysville, MD, restorative dentist will want to make sure that you are right for treatment. A good candidate will have healthy teeth and gums, good oral hygiene, a strong jawbone and be dedicated to months of treatment before they get their full restoration. It can take up to one year or more to get implants.
Padonia Dental Associates in Cockeysville, MD, wants to give you back the smile you deserve. If tooth loss is affecting you then call our office today to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. Find out if implants are right for you.